The Family Business Institute works to meet the individual needs of each organization with which we affiliate. We believe that every event is unique, and we will assist you in finding the perfect topic and theme for your upcoming event – and still stay within your budget.
Your goals and objectives are our main focus. Whether you know exactly what you are looking for or are just looking for ideas, The Family Business Institute will work with you to understand your audience. Then, based on your requirements, we’ll promptly offer ideas and suggestions for speech topics.
Listed below are the topical categories on which we are commonly asked to present along with a listing of some of our most sought after presentations. Please contact us for a customized proposal for your event.
General Speech Topics
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Family and Interpersonal Relations
- Succession and Transition
- Management and Operations
- Family and Business Smart Estate Planning
- Leadership Development
- Human Resource Management
- Compensation and Incentives
- The Top Nine Reasons Family Businesses Fail – and the Eight Building Blocks for Creating a SUSTAINABLE Closely Held Business – Unlike anything else available in the family business literature, The Top Nine Reasons Family Businesses Fail – and the Eight Building Blocks for Creating a SUSTAINABLE Closely Held Business helps business owners and their families understand potential pitfalls and – most importantly – offers practical “how to” advice on turning their companies and their lives around to have more success, harmony, and happiness.
- Moving Your Business A Generation Ahead – Explains the importance of and barriers to succession planning. Features a 12 step success strategy for family business succession planning
- Prescriptions For a Healthy Family Business – How to create the most effective family business and promote sustainability using professional vs. entrepreneurial management strategies.
- How to Resolve and Reduce Conflict in the Family Business – Get the most out of your family business by constructively resolving conflict with your family and non-family employees.
- What Hollywood Can Teach Us About Family and Closely-Held Business – The unique challenges that family businesses share are often depicted in Hollywood films. This speech uses clips from popular movies featuring the Corleone, Cavanaugh, and Larrabee families to shed light on common issues facing family and closely-held businesses.
- How to Win the War For Talent – Get the RIGHT PEOPLE on your bus and the WRONG PEOPLE off! The labor force in America is shrinking, and your company’s future success is constrained by how many talented people you have working with you. Learn what you need to know to evaluate your talent, the hiring and firing mistakes people make the most, and how you can apply a proven project management approach to assuring that you’re getting the help you need and not scraping the bottom of the talent barrel.
CLICK HERE or call 877-326-2493 for more information.